Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Why the worst day giving a walking tour is still better than the best day practicing law.

 The typical walking tour customer is:
  • These people are not at an appointment with their lawyer.
     See how they're smiling?
     On vacation
  • Relaxed
  • Interested in what you're saying
  • Self-selected
  • Happy to be there
The typical lawyer’s client is:
  • In some kind of trouble
  • Feeling trapped
  • Desperate for help
  • Wondering how to pay your fee
  • NOT happy to be there 
  
How do I know? Because I’ve done both. And believe me, it’s not even close. And here’s the thing. This typical lawyer client and walking tour customer could be the exact same person, just on a different day and in a different situation. And therein lies the difference.
Sorry about that “therein.” Sometimes I can’t help myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment